2023 Aviation Student Leadership Award
2023 Award winner Devyn Thurman with AAS Board Member John Ginley
The OSU Aviation Alumni Society "OSU Aviation Student Leadership Award" recognizes one OSU Aviation student each year who best exhibits the qualities of leadership in an OSU Aviation student organization. Based upon nominations submitted by the aviation student organization advisors, the Aviation Alumni Society Board of Governors annually selects the recipient to be presented the award. The award is funded by gifts to the OSU Foundation Fund No. 314654.
Only OSU Aviation student organization advisors are eligible to submit a nomination, and they are invited to do so.
has been defined as the ability to motivate others to willingly follow a vision and act upon it to achieve the vision.
Leadership qualities include: integrity, perseverance, magnanimity, humility, openness, creativity, fairness, assertiveness, sense of humor, intelligence, self-confidence, and effective communication.
- Declared Aviation Major
- Junior or Senior rank
- Active membership in at least one of the OSU Aviation Student Organizations:
- Alpha Eta Rho (AHP)
- Aviation Management Organization / American Association of Airport Executives (AMO/AAAE)
- Flight Team at The Ohio State University (OSUFT)
- National Gay Pilots Association (NGPA)
- Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP)
- Women in Flight at The Ohio State University (WIF)
- The student representative to the AAS Board of Governors and previous recipients are ineligible
2023 Award Amount: $1,000
- Nominations open: Feb 20, 2023
- Nomination submittal deadline: 4pm Mar 24, 2023
- Award Event and Location: TBD, based on university and governmental restrictions
Questions? Email AviationAlumni@osu.edu
Nominate a student
Non-Members: After clicking on "Nominate a Student" above and completing and saving the "Contact Information" page,
you will be taken to the "Nominee Information" page to submit the nomination.